Diploma in COURT ADMINISTRATION
Programme Type : Full Time
Fees : Fees
Faculty : Law and Para-Legal studies
Entry requirements : 4 credits
Department : Law
Programme Duration : 2 Years
The Diploma in Court Administration builds up on the foundation laid in the Certificate in Court Administration Programme offered by BA ISAGO. The programme runs for at least twenty- four (24) months, during which period participants shall be taken through court procedures, applicable laws, principles of business communication, office management, records management, financial management and customer care.
The specific objectives of the programme are to enhance the capacity of supporting staff in the performance and administration of justice by equipping learners with:
- The required knowledge and skills in court administration to enable them to provide quality service.
- Appropriate legal skills and knowledge to broaden their understanding of the environment in which they work.
- Enhancing their basic computer skills
- Enhancing their basic understanding of financial transaction procedures within their work environment
The programme is designed for those intending to work in the legal or para- legal related fields that require an understanding of the justice system and its operation. The qualification is suitable for those who wish to pursue a career, for example, in the Administration of Justice, non- Governmental organisations, Tribal Administration, and other law enforcement agencies either in Government or the business world. The focus of the Diploma is to provide learners with the requisite knowledge, skills and competencies in areas related to Court Administration.
- Candidates must have obtained at least four (4) Credits at BGCSE (or equivalent) including a pass in English language. OR
- Candidates must have completed a relevant 12 months Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA) recognised and accredited Certificate Programme. OR
- Special Entry: Candidates who do not have minimum academic qualifications stated above but have a minimum of three years relevant work experience will be considered. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) may be used as an instrument for further assessment of mature-age entry candidates.
Note: All pre-service applicants must successfully complete the BA ISAGO six month Foundation/Access/ Bridging Courses.
The Diploma programmes runs over a period of 24 months for full- time learners (four semesters in twenty four-months, consisting of six months each) and thirty months for part-time learners. Learners will be required to undertake work learning attachment/ research project within the last semester before completion of the programme.