BCom Degree in Economics
Programme Type : Full Time
Fees : Fees
Faculty : Commerce
Entry requirements : 5 credits
Department : Accounting and Finance
Programme Duration : 4 Years
The Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting is designed to give students a broad understanding of accounting and provides a more practical business focus. It serves as a basis for the opportunity to enter several highly respected international professional bodies such as Botswana Institute of Accountants, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, and Chartered Institute Management Accountants. The degree offers both a practical management education and enough breadth in complementary academic subjects to prepare students to function effectively in complex private organizations or the public sector. This programme aims to give learners knowledge and skills required by employers in a variety of accounting and accounting support roles. They may undertake Accounting officers’ positions with responsibilities for preparing Financial Statements recording for management purposes. Accountants work in all parts of industry and commerce including financial institutions, retail stores and other businesses
- Tax Consultants
- Financial advisors
- Financial Directors
- Asset Managers
- Information system auditors
- Partners in an auditing practice
- Forensic auditors
- Candidates must have obtained at least five (5) Credits at BGCSE (or equivalent) including a credit in Mathematics, Accounting, Business Studies or Commerce AND a pass in English language.
- Candidates must have completed a relevant Diploma in Accounting or its equivalent.
- Special Entry :Candidates who do not have the minimum academic qualifications stated above but have a minimum of five years relevant work experience will be considered upon satisfying the requirements of the Academic Affairs Board.
- The Degree programme will run over duration of 48 months (4 years) for full-time learners and sixty months (5 years) for part-time learners
- The programme consists of 32 Modules plus 6 months compulsory work related attachment, which is done in the level 3 or third year and assessed in terms of BA ISAGO University Workplace/Internship policy.
Learners will be assessed on the basis of the following:
- Mid-term examinations
- Workplace Attachment
- Final examinations
Lectures are held as follows:
- Part-time: 17.30-20.00 Monday to Friday
- Full-time: 8.00- 17.00 Monday to Friday