BCom Degree in Entrepreneurship
Programme Type : Full Time
Fees : Fees
Faculty : Commerce
Entry requirements : 5 credits
Department : Accounting and Finance
Programme Duration : 4 Years
The purpose of the Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Entrepreneurship is to empower Batswana young men and women so that they may go into self-employment and create jobs for themselves and their employees. The programme aims to impact skills and knowledge in business management that would enable students to launch business projects and being able to manage them for growth and sustainability. The Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Entrepreneurship is designed to equip learners with knowledge and skills in areas of business management (marketing, accounting, human resource management, business communication, computing, entrepreneurial skills and general management).
Career Opportunities :
The B Com degree in Entrepreneurship prepares graduates to launch their own businesses and operate them successfully. These graduates can also go into paid employment in private companies and government organisations which are involved in the development and promotion of entrepreneurs in Botswana, such as The Local Enterprise Authority (LEA), the Citizen Entrepreneurs Development Agency, and the Department of Youth etc.
Entry Requirements :
- Applicants must have obtained at least five credits at Botswana General Certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent including a pass in English language. OR
- Candidates must have successfully completed a Diploma in Entrepreneurship from BA ISAGO University College, or its equivalent
- Special Entry: Candidates who do not have the minimum academic qualifications stated above, but have five years relevant work experience in a related field, will be considered upon satisfying the requirements of the Academic Affairs Board that might include an entrance interview
Programme Structure :
The Degree programme will run over duration of 48 months (4 years) for full-time learners and sixty months (5 years) for part-time learners.
Learners will be assessed on the basis of the following:
- Mid-term examinations
- Workplace Attachment
- Final examinations
Lectures are held as follows:
- Full-time: 8.00- 17.00 Monday to Friday
- Part-time: 17.30-20.00 Monday to Friday