Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Leadership and Management
rogramme Type : Full Time
Fees : Fees
Faculty : Education
Entry requirements : Degree in Education
Department : Teacher Education and development
Programme Duration : 1 Years
The Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership and Management seeks to develop capacity in management and leadership in education. It is designed to prepare education professionals for managerial roles within the education sector. The programme will enable learners with an education background to develop integrated, functional and reflective competencies in educational management by examining issues such as school administration, educational leadership, strategic management in education, supervision and instruction, accounting and financial management, and human resources administration in education.
Career Opportunities :
This programme provides students with the educational management and leadership skills.
Prospective students can work as:
- Education Administrator
- Inspector of Education
- School Principal
- Educational Policy Maker
- Senior Manager in Ministry of Education etc.
Entry Requirements :
- Candidates must have successfully completed a Degree in Education/Equivalent. OR
- Special Entry: Candidates, who do not have the minimum academic qualifications stated above, but have a Diploma in Education/Equivalent plus five years of relevant work experience, will be considered upon satisfying the requirements of the Academic Affairs Board.
Programme Structure :
The Post Graduate Diploma programe will run over a duration of twelve (12) months.
(Two semesters in twelve months, consisting of six months each)
Learners will be assessed on the basis of the following:
- Mid-term examinations
- Final examinations
Lectures are held as follows:
- Full-time: 8.00- 17.00 Monday to Friday
- Part-time: 17.30-20.00 Monday to Friday